Baden, PA: Remedial Action Construction, Legionville Hollow Site
Geo-Con completed remedial activities for the Pennsylvania DEP Act 2 closure of a former Robertson-Ceco waste dump located in Baden, Pennsylvania.
Major Elements of the Remedial Action included the following:
- Relocation and regrading of approximately 20,000 cy of waste material, including asbestos, benzenes, mercury, chromium, lead, other heavy metals and VOCs.
- Excavation of approximately 32,000 cy of soil and rock to relocate the stream that had been running through a culvert beneath the existing waste pile.
- Installation of a multi-layer, 2.7 acre cap over the regraded waste pile, including 60 mil HDPE and geocomposite.
- Abandonment of existing and installation of new monitoring wells.
- Restoration of wetlands impacted by the work; including the enlargement of an existing wetland.
- Site restoration and revegetation.