All accidents are cause-related and it is Geo-Con's objective to seek out these causes, devise protective measures and promote a safety minded working attitude at all levels within the company. Accident prevention must be instilled into our corporate culture and thereby become the way we conduct our business.
Geo Con is committed to achieving safe production. We believe in protecting the safety and health of our own employees and that of other personnel who may be impacted by our work. We also believe that production is not so urgent that we cannot take the time to do our work safely.
One basic goal relative to the achievement of safe production is the prevention of injuries and illnesses, all of which we believe are preventable. To achieve this end, our activities are to be guided by the following doctrine:
- Management has the responsibility for health and safety; and therefore, is responsible for preventing injury and illness.
- Supervision must create a safe and healthy work environment, with assistance of appropriate personnel.
- Health and safety must be an integral part of Geo Con's operations; and, therefore, must be an equal priority in every business decision and operation.
- Compliance with health and safety regulations is a job requirement on every project.
- Every Geo Con employee is responsible for fulfilling his duties in a safe manner and, therefore, safety is a job performance requirement for every such employee.